Week 26 --- Straight Fire

Squad! Only 1 exclamation point today... gotta keep it classy. Anyway the reason I titled this here email straight fire is because I found out that in Peru, they have the same phrase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! esta que quema. I just thought you all should know. Did you know that January is almost over!? It´s pretty crazy right?!

I don´t have a lot to share this week. We didn’t  have a whole lot of time to work this week, we had 2 capacitations this week. One  was a world wide missionary capacitation. It was pretty sick not gonna lie! They spoke a little about teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and how sometimes we focus so much and baptism that we don´t emphasize a very important part, which is repentance, because honestly we should practice repentance every day, in all things, big or small. They also changed the missionary schedule a bit.

The next day we had zone conference. So I sent a pic of the new zone, because why not? We talked about the changes to the missionary schedule, and about a lot of the same things as the last zone conference, I don´t know If I already told you but we now have zone conference every transfer. I´m not sure how I feel about that, but the mission president knows what he´s doin, so I just gotta trust that it´s for our benefit.

Oh also we had a benefit this last Saturday, but like a chump I forgot my camera, but I arrived to this area after everything was pretty much done so I didn’t do too much, so I felt a little chump-ish, but it´s whatever, because a lady got baptized guys. It´s so exciting! Aren’t you all so happy!? I sure am!

Anyway sorry that I don´t have a whole lot to say this week. I´ll do better next week. Oh I forgot to tell you Gordon Hayward made the NBA All Star team just saying.


Well squad I´m gonna end with this scripture Mosiah 4:9-10

9 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.

 10 And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them.

Believing isn´t enough. You gotta actually do something ya know. Show your beliefs, your faith, and your love for God. I know before my mission, I didn’t do the best job acting. I let my words speak louder than my actions, but we all know that actions speak louder than words, and the action of repentance, is a great way to show our faith. Every day we should repent of even the smallest things.

Well squad it´s been real, I´ll talk to you next week.

-- 
Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission

P.S.  This is what Keaton added in his e-mail to Mom:
if you were a true homie you would buy a gordon hayward all star jersey for me just saying

The zone squad

Inline image 1