Week 27 --- La Esperanza

Squad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!         


So it's been a week since I last talked with you, and some stuff has happened, for example I completed 6 months in the mission, like a fourth of the mission, and we taught and stuff and that's about it. I'll talk to you next week!




Nah I'm just playing. So these last 2 weeks it's been a little rough, I've been losing hope, not gonna lie, that's why I titled this email "La Esperanza" because that means hope. So we hadn't had a whole lot of luck finding new investigators, like 0 last week for example, and this week we also had 0 until Friday... First I'm gonna tell you what helped me so much that caused this lit experience. So we had Zone Conference, right? During it we learned a little about developing attributes of Christ, and one of those attributes is Hope. So we were walking Friday, and I was a little down, but then I remembered that I gots to have some HOPE! So we passed this house right, and I had the feeling that we should try to teach these people right? So I turned to my companion and said "vamos a bautizarles" which means we are going to baptize them. And guess what happened? Noooo they didn't turn us down, they said "yes please come in and teach us so we can be baptized" Or maybe it wasn't quite that direct, but they let us in, and we taught Javier and his wife Ana. Then guess what happened?! No, wow you guys are really bad at guessing, no what happened was we set baptism dates. It just shows what miracles can happen when we try to be like Christ. For reals if we hadn't been thinking that we need to be more like Christ, we wouldn't have found these amazing souls!!!!!!

So I guess what I wanna tell you is that we should always be trying to develop attributes of Christ. You know he is our perfect example. In 3 Nephi 12:48 it says:

48 Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect.

He wants us to be perfect like him, and like our Father in Heaven, obviously we can't be perfect, but we need to try!

And one more scripture that I want to share, if that's okay is in the book of Acts. Yeah in the Bible so Acts 4:10-12:

10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

We rejected him, spit upon him, and crucified him, and yet his love for us never changed. He still gave us a way so we can be saved. I'm so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ, and I'm grateful to be here preaching His gospel.
That's all for this week I love you all!
  
-- 
Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission

I got some sick new kicks, then I bought a bunch 
​of​
 food and some watermelon to celebrate my 6 month mark
​.​