Week 29 --- Hay un razon.

Squad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#$^$%*^($&$%^@

Sorry I got a little carried away. So it has been a week since I have written an email for you. Stuff has happened so you are about to know what stuff happened. If you want, if you don't want to, then don't read it, sorry that was a little mean.

So I thought I would tell you all about the exchanges that we did this past tuesday, the t should be capitalized in tuesday, but I ain't trying to go back and fix it. So we did exchanges. So in the afternoon, me and Elder Webb, the elder with whom I was doing exchanges, were planning for the afternoon, and honestly we didn't have a whole lot to work with, we looked in our handy dandy area folder, and we found the family that were members, less active, but one of the kids wasn't baptized. So obviously we started planning with a prayer, and when we saw this family we just knew we had to go to them... Soooo.... we went to them. The mom said she knew there was a reason that we went to their house. Turns out, that their family has gone through some tough times, and the crazy thing is it's the same thing that my own dear family went through a few years back, so it was such a powerful experience that we had the prompting to go there, and that I got testify to them the blessings that come from this gospel, that the peace and comfort they need is found in the Church each and every Sunday. It just made me think that I really am here in the Mission Argentina Mendoza, in the area Rawson for a reason. Every calling we have is for a reason, that's why the title of this email is Hay un razon which means there is a reason.

Recently the topic of missionary work among the members has been brought up a lot in our ward, and so I'm gonna share a scripture to motivate you all to be missionaries. D&C 28:16
16 And thou must open thy mouth at all times, declaring my gospel with the sound of rejoicing. Amen.

So do it.

So I'm about done with the Book of Mormon again, and well it just pains me to see that the people fall into wickedness time and time again, but repent when God saves them, when they are blessed, and I'm just thinking just frickin be good all the time, and then I thought, sometimes we are a little more motivated to be obedient, when we see the hand of God in our lives. I too am guilty of this, but I'm just thinking we gotta do better all the time, So let’s not just be Sunday Mormons who are obedient when it's comfortable, but let’s be Latter-Day Saints, true disciples of Jesus Christ. I love you guys; you are all swell. Until next week.


--
Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission

Photos:

So I might be 18 and a missionary but y’all know I still be hittin’ up those swings

I've noticed that a good majority of my pictures contain food, and I was just a little sad one night because a street vender burnt my hamburger, but it's whatever, the other is 3 KG of ice cream,some soda, and a lomo pizza.  If you don't know what a lomo is you’re missin’ out, but this thing was legendary. Then, as you can see, my comp is happy to be a missionary.