Week 22 --- 2017 BOY!!!!!!!!

Note from Mom:  Keaton did have some suit pants, but has gone through several pairs of pants in the short time he has been in Argentina.  

Squad! Sooooo it's frickin 2017, just thought you all should know, and I'm gonna start off by giving a shout out to my mom for sending me pants, because before I didn't really have pants, but now I have pants so I'm happy because pants are good, and now I'm going to talk about my bomb new years eve... don't worry I didn't kiss anyone. So again like last week for Christmas Eve, we had to return to our pension at 6:00 for safety, so we did, and 7:00 rolls around, and we get a knock on our door, and we're like "who could that be" well it was the zone leaders, and our Bishop, and another guy from the ward, and they were like "we're cooking asado for you guys" asado is a dope BBQ! So that was awesome, and then Victor brought us empanadas! He's so dope! Then we played soccer against the zone leaders, and we were victorious. Then we went to the top of their pension and counted down to the new year.

Now to talk about the work. So we have been teaching this couple, Franco and Augustina, and they are swell. They accepted baptismal dates, and two weeks in a row they told us they would attend, but haven't yet, we even went to help him finish building their house, so they could attend. It's really difficult because Franco works out of town for 10 days and then returns for 4 days, so every other Sunday he can attend. So their dates are for the 18 of February, so they have time to attend church, and also get married, because they need to do that too. Franco really wants to be baptized, like when we asked him, he was like yeah I will, and then he looked at Augustina, and said y vos ( what about you) so he is excited about this. He just gots to go to church.

Oh and just for your information, some guy tried to fight me because I'm a gringo, he wasn't very happy.

Well to end I'm gonna share a scripture Mosiah 2:41.

41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

We will be blessed in all things if we keep the commandments. They are there to better our lives, and God promised to bless us in all things, temporal and spiritual, there are just so many blessings waiting for us. God doesn't ask a whole lot from us, but he has promised us a lot! So let’s just show him how much we appreciate his love for us! He has given us everything, and he continues to give. I know God is our loving Heavenly Father, and he wants nothing but the best for us. I have felt his love here on my mission, more than ever, and I'm so grateful I get to help others feel this same way. I love you all and I'm grateful for all your support!

Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission

Just some pics from New Year’s Eve, and also how my shirts used to look, and how they look now.

Displaying IMG_0372[1].JPGDisplaying IMG_0361[1].JPGDisplaying IMG_0360[1].JPG