Week 9 --- #2months #generalconference

So squad today is my 2 month mark, and for those keeping track, only 22 more or more like 21 and a half if we're being specific. 

So this week we didn't have as much proselyting time because Monday was Pday, Tuesday we had to go back to Centro for the first half of the day because my companion had to do a urine test, and Wednesday we had interviews with the mission president, but we still managed to find quite a bit of new investigators. I wanna talk about my interview with the mission president, because he told me I had to write home and tell everyone that he thinks I'm doing much better than most missionaries are at this point in their missions, so I guess I'm not doing too bad. 

OMG conference!!! I got to watch it in English, so that was pretty bomb, and I want everyone who actually reads this to send me an email with something they learned, or something that really stood out to them, but I'm also gonna share some things that I really liked from conference. I really liked this quote from Neil L. Andersen he said "Sharing the gospel rests upon us all" So not just missionaries, he also explained how we should all pray for an opportunity to stand as a witness of God. Also in Ballard's talk I like how he explained that if someone is thinking about leaving the church, he said ask yourself this question "where will you go?" Also saying that you need to remember what it was that first helped you gain a testimony of the gospel. So if any of you are struggling with your testimony, ask yourself where will you go if you leave the gospel, and then remember what it was that caused you to gain a testimony in the first place. Also in the last talk by Eyring in the Saturday afternoon session, he talked about counting our blessings, but one phrase that hit me harder than anything was this, “The greatest blessing we have is the feeling of forgiveness when we partake of the sacrament.” That is so true, when we take the sacrament and think about the atoning sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and remember that he did that for us, so we could be forgiven. 

We are so blessed to be members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, let us not take for granted the many blessings we have received through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Think about the song "I Stand All Amazed" — are we really standing in amazement for the love our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ have for us? If not, we certainly should be. We are blessed because of the gospel every day, whether we notice it or not. Show your gratitude for the many blessings we have, through service, and sharing the gospel with others, so they can receive these blessings, but also through prayer. I love you all, and it's great to hear from a lot of you each week. I'm peacing out! Keep on keeping on!

Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission

So, here's some pictures; one is the gringos locked in a room alone to watch conference in English and the other is a pic my companion made me take in front of some vineyards. #Ihearditthroughthegrapevine
​