Week 50 - I finally did some real service, kinda...

SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo like the title says I did some frickin service, and I don't  have pictures to prove it, because I was too busy workin my tail off, I couldn't take pictures. Well we were helpin a member build his house, ya know, and I was filling a wheelbarrow full of dirt, and carrying to the house to fill in the floor, and then I got to make some cement, and stuff, it was chill.


Oh btw in 1 year from today I will no longer be a missionary.  Just so y’all know,  it breaks my heart, time is runnin out.


So last week was a struggle workwise ya know, and I was feelin a little down not gonna lie, but that´s alright now, because we had a great week this week.  We were able to find a great family of 5. We were able to set baptismal dates with them. It was the coolest thing, a few days earlier we talked to one of the sons who was probably around 16, and he said he couldn´t receive us that day, but he said the following Saturday, if we came by at 7, we could find the whole family.  We show up and we see him just flyin on his bike to get back to his house for us. That does not happen as often as we would like, that when someone says come back this day at this time, they are actually there waiting for us. It was great, we had a great lesson with them.


Oh another thing that went down, one of the members in our ward had a birthday ya know, so obviously he invited us, we ate A LOT of food, but the whole time he talked to us about Marvel comics and movies, about all the movies that are coming out, and all the movies that have already come out, that he has seen, and now I'm just dying to watch some movies, but it's whatever. Also this member won´t talk to me in Spanish, he only talks to me in English, I don't know why, but it´s funny. His name is Facundo.


Oh last P-Day it was the birthday of one of our Zone Leaders, so we got together and ate like men, and I will send a picture of the meal that we had, but it was swell.


Oh so Saturday the Bishop asked me to speak in Sacrament Meeting, so I prepared a talk with the little time I had, and it was a pretty good one if I do say so myself, and well, the first person to talk ended up reading an entire talk from General Conference, and testifying about every paragraph, and it lasted about 25 minutes, and by that time there wasn't time for me to talk, but it was about missionary work, and as I prepared this awesome talk the importance of sharing the gospel hit me like a train, not only because I´m a missionary, but because I should have shared a lot more before the mission.   D&C 88:77:


77 And I give unto you a commandment that you shall teach one another the doctrine of the kingdom.


To share the gospel is a commandment.  D&C 4:3


3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;


With only the desire we have to serve God, we are already called to his work, which is to share the gospel.  D&C 24:12


12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.


Do it with valiance! With the voice of a trump. God will give you the strength to do so.


So my invitation to all who read this email is to share the gospel in every opportunity that you get.


That´s all I got for this week bye!


Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission

Description of photos:

10 kilos of meat, and that was our birthday meal, then we got Elder Call fanning the fire so it would start up again, and then my boy Elder Christensen, swinging, chileno cake, and the birthday boy himself, Elder Lucero.