Week 87 --- Conference

SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well this week was kinda off; we started off doing an activity in my district, we all worked in one area that was having difficulties and we had some pretty good success.  Later in the week, I went to the doctor because, for the past 4 weeks, I have had a problem with my foot, and we went and got it looked at.  Well, for these last 4 weeks, I shouldn´t have been working. Now the doctor said I can´t work, and I can`t even use shoes until I`m all healed up, sooooo I`ve been strollin ‘around in Crocs. I even went to conference in my suit, wearing crocs. Soooo I didn't get to work too much this week, and I don`t even know how long this will last.

I did, however, get to enjoy General Conference, it was a good one. I hope you all watched it and enjoyed it as well. I’ve got to say it was quite the Conference, and because I couldn´t really work this week, I don´t have any great stories but I´d like to share with you perhaps my favorite talk from conference. It was given by Lynn G Robbins. He talked about failure, and how many people do not understand the concept of failure. He explained that failure is a tutor and not a tragedy. Failing does not mean we are failures, it simply means that we are learning. He also taught that true success is being able to fail without losing hope. He taught that we must never lose hope for Christ has given us a second chance. His suffered for us so that we would have a second chance, so that we could repent. He also said "Repentance isn´t a backup plan in case we fail, repentance is the plan, knowing that we will fail."  Failure is the plan, there is no way to progress if we do not fail. Do not fear failure or repentance.  Welcome it because, like he said, failure and repentance is God´s plan for us.

Well, like I said, I couldn´t work, so I don´t have stories, but maybe next week I will. Bye!!!!!!!!!!!

-----
Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission

Note from Mom:  Keaton said I couldn’t share pictures of his foot injury (it happened while he was playing soccer).