Week 68 --- Opposition in all things

"Opposition permits us to grow toward what our Heavenly Father would have us to become." -Elder Dallin H Oaks.

Squad. This has been a rough week. A lot of wear and tear on us spiritually. We started off the week really well, we were finding a lot of people, and things were just going good. We were supposed to have a baptism Saturday, but that didn’t happen. This guy passed his baptismal interview and everything, but he never showed up. So his name is Luis, and he has absolutely no one who is supporting him in his decision to be baptized. Literally only the missionaries support him, and every moment we aren’t there, people are telling him that he shouldn’t be baptized, and it seems like they finally got to him. I´m gonna be honest --- I´m super sad about it. This kid has a tough life, he needed to be baptized, he needed the gift of the Holy Ghost. It just hurts me, but I know as the quote at the beginning of this email. These trials will make not only him into the person that God wants him to be, but also I believe that us as missionaries will also become as God wants us to be. I´m so sorry that I don’t have a lot to say today, but know that I know that we have opposition so that we can become who we are supposed to be. This is the true church of Jesus Christ, he lives, and he loves us, and if we trust in him, we will always get past the opposition in our lives. I love you all, until next week!

Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission