Week 45 --- Transfers . . .

SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So last night we received transfer calls and......... I'm finally leaving San Juan, and I´m headed to Maipu, which is in Mendoza, and I´m gonna train! So that´s pretty cool I´m pretty excited not gonna lie, but some cool stuff happened during my last week in Rawson so you know what? I´m gonna tell ya about it. So first thing that happened is I went to the doctor, to check on my back, well apparently my spine is jacked up, and I need to go get an MRI, and then I´ll need to do physical therapy to get my back in shape, so that´s cool, we didn´t get to work at all that day, because we were in Centro all day doing that stuff.


Also I went on exchanges with my boy Elder Kitchen, and well the person that we were supposed to have lunch with had to cancel, so we went to buy some food, and we walked by like 4 places where we could have bought food, but we just kept walking and we walked into this little store, and so we got a few things, and I handed him some money and he said no it´s alright I´m a religious man too, so he paid for our food, I thought that was pretty cool.

Ohhhhh also the other day we were walking in the street right, and we saw this lady raking like a lot of leaves, sooo as representatives of Jesus Christ we offered to help, and for the first time in my mission she said yes. So for like half an hour we raked leaves and chatted with her, and we started to talk a little about what we do, then we started talking about her family, and she told us that her mother recently passed away, so we just testified of the plan of salvation, it was such a powerful experience, I could feel the spirit so strongly just testify of this to her.

Also because it was very likely that I was gonna leave Rawson, the Bishop wanted me to share my testimony in Sacrament Meeting and say bye, which is weird because the previous 2 or 3 missionaries hadn’t done that, but it was cool.

Now to share something, it´s actually a quote my former home teacher, Brad Farmer, gave to me before I left, but I just came across it again. It’s called “The Fellowship of the Unashamed.”

I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.
The die has been cast.  I have stepped over the line.

The decision has been made.  I AM A DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRIST.
I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.

My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.

I’m finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees,
colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.
I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded.
I now live by Faith, lean on HIS presence, walk with patience.
I am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven.
My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable.
My mission is clear.

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided, or delayed.

I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy,
 ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ.

I must go til he comes, give til I drop, preach til all know, and work til he stops me.

And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me.
My Banner will be clear.

I thought this was awesome, so I wanted to share it. Chau!

Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission

​Photos:

Elder Kitchen eating some ramen AND all of my doctor stuff.