Week 35 --- 53!!!!!!!


Squad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So start off I just wanna give a shout out to my mom who completed her 53rd year of life yesterday, that´s why the title of this email is 53!!!!!!!! 
Now I wanna share a quick story about my main man Hermes. We found him the other day, just walking down a street, so we started talked to him. He´s pretty swell. He gave me a life lesson I will never forget “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that´s why it´s called the present.”  I thought that was pretty inspiring, and it kinda rhymes, so I thought I would share it, I hope you liked it. He then invited us back to chat, so we are gonna drop some spiritual knowledge on him. 
Now I think I´m gonna speak a little about General Conference. First of all I just wanna say how lucky we are to have a prophet of God on the Earth today. I just wanna talk a little about a few parts that really hit me. First of all, I loved the emphasis on the Plan of Salvation, and family history work. In the first talk by Henry B Eyring, he stated that families are at the heart of the plan of God. That means that the goal of every family should be to arrive at the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity. Obviously some people have already passed away, so it´s too late for them... NOT! Family History, another theme emphasized a lot, God loves all of his Children so much that he has provided a way for every single one of them to be saved, and to receive the promised blessings of the Plan of Salvation. One phrase that hit me like hard from President Eyring was that family history doesn´t just save the dead it saves us all.
I think my favorite talk this General Conference was by Elder Renlund. I loved how he explained the love that our Savior Jesus Christ has for sinners. He explained that Christ is our shepherd, and we are just his sick sheep who need healing. He explained that sickness in the Bible can be an analogy for sin, and during his earthly ministry Jesus Christ healed many people. He never looked upon a sinful person with disgust but he did with love, and compassion. I´m going to reference another story spoken of in the talk by Elder Cook, about the lady with the blood disorder, she thought if she could only touch the clothes of the Savior she would be healed, and in a crowd of people Christ asked ¨Who touched me¨ and his disciples said that there is a multitude of people bumping into him, and he could tell that one person in specific with great faith reached out to touch him, and I love what he said to her ¨Thy faith has made thee whole.¨ I know that when we have faith in Christ and look unto him, we can be healed from the disease that is sin.
Now I can´t leave without talking about one of the wonderful talks from our beloved prophet. He told us that we live in a world of trouble and wickedness, and that a strong testimony in our Savior Jesus Christ and his gospel will lead us to safety. He told us that we must read the Book of Mormon, and obtain our testimony, so we can be lead to safety, and that the testimony of others will only carry us so far. I love how this man with such short messages still delivers such a powerful message. I know he truly is a prophet of God; he guides us, and helps us find safety in this wicked world.
I would really love to hear some of your favorite messages from General Conference, just saying.
That´s all I got for this week, We´ll chat later.

Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission

Me and Elder Mogollon, during a pretty sick rain storm, and during that same storm I decided to take a fabulous pic of myself because I thought I looked pretty good, then just a pic before we went to watch conference, then the gringo squad watching it in English.

​ 
Displaying IMG_0650[1].jpgDisplaying IMG_0653[1].jpg
Displaying IMG_0669[1].jpg
Displaying IMG_0694[1].jpgDisplaying image.png