Week 31 --- The true homie... Pedro

SQUAD!!!! I just wanted to start off by saying how grateful I am to have this opportunity to write you all! So I'm guessing you all are wondering who is Pedro... If you weren't wondering, I'm gonna tell you anyway because the other day we were in a trio, because this other missionary, from Paraguay, was waiting for his new companion to arrive, anyways we were walking down the street and we started to talk to this guy, Pedro. Well we talked for a bit and he said something that really hit me. ya know, right in the corazon, heart, anyways he said " I love to see this, 3 people from 3 different countries united in one cause" and I was like thinking, wow he is right. That's what the gospel does, it brings people together. So I just thought I should share that little story with y’all. I hope you liked it.

So this past week we were just chillin ya know, walkin back to the pension because it was late, and a man stopped us and was like "I need your help" and so we were like "what can we do for you?" and he explained to us that recently in his house he has experienced some disturbances right, so he asked us if we could come and throw the holy water around his house. Obviously we don't do that, so we said we could come in and ask for a blessing for the home in prayer. So we did, and then we thought, we are already in his house, so ended up teaching him about the Restoration. We invited him to be baptized, and he said.... wait for it..... keep waiting... yes, he said yes. So on the 15th of April he's gonna be baptized, it was an awesome experience, he trusted in us so much to help him, and I know if he keeps these desires to follow Christ, he will receive all the help he needs.

Also during this fine week, we met this nice old lady named Adoralinda. Well we stopped for a bit to chat, because we had a little time to spare before our next appointment, well it wasn't so short the conversation. She likes to talk. We said we had to go to because we were late for an appointment, so we asked if we could say a prayer before we left. She started talking about her daughter. So I said is it alright if I say a prayer, because we need to go now, so I started praying, and then in the middle she starting talking again about her other daughter from Buenos Aires, it was quite entertaining, not gonna lie. Eventually we were able to depart. She was a nice lady.

Oh also I almost forgot, tomorrow we are gonna have the baptismal interview for Gustavo! Por fin! So this weekend we be havin’ a baptism. I'm so happy to see the change that he has made, his desires to follow Christ are strong, let me tell ya. So I'll be sure to have pictures next Monday. I do not have any pictures this week, so forgive me.

So I started reading the Bible right, because there are a lot of Catholics here, and they like the Bible, so I was thinking that maybe I should study the Bible a little more, and I found a swell scripture that I would like to share with you. This scripture is in Matthew 7:21”

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

You know the phrase "actions speak louder than words" … well as you can see in this scripture it's true. In the scriptures many times it talks about real intent, well this means acting when we receive answers from God. If he tells us that this is the truth you’ve got to act, God wants to help us, but the things we say mean nothing if they aren't accompanied by true intent. So I liked this scripture.

That is all that I have to share with you this week. I love you, I appreciate you, and I will talk to you next week.

--
Elder Keaton Jorgensen

Argentina Mendoza Mission