Week 4 --- Almost 4 weeks in!

Squad this week has been one for the books!!! It started off with last Sunday's devotional with the Nashville Tribute Band, btw if you haven't heard their music, I strongly encourage you to listen to it right now. So they sang songs about our purpose as missionaries, and bore testimony, and it honestly my favorite devotional thus far. Oh and this week I was ballin so hard I tore a hole in my shoe, so that's cool. Oh my goodness, let me tell you, me and my companion are really starting to hit our stride! Spanish is coming along so well, these last 2 weeks we have been teaching this investigator named Daniel. He is seriously the coolest dude!!! Anyways after a few lessons, we could just tell he knew this gospel was true, and then this last Monday he bore testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon!!!! It was seriously the greatest thing I've ever heard!!! Or at least that's what I thought... That next Wednesday, he topped his previous statement. Me and my companion bore testimony towards the end of the lesson, and we were about to close, we had the feeling that we should ask him about baptism again, we had in the previous 2 lessons, but his response he doesn't know enough, or he doesn't feel ready, but this time, me and my companion after inviting him to baptism, we bore testimony that by showing faith in God, and being baptized, through the gift of the Holy Ghost and through obedience he can receive answers to his questions, after we bore testimony, he said to us " I know it's gonna be difficult but now I know it's something I need to do" and he committed to be baptized on the 10th of September! The feeling I received after hearing him say that, was honestly the greatest thing I've ever felt. This MTC experience has been so amazing! I have learned so much these past few weeks, it is amazing! Me and my companion can now converse and joke around is Spanish, and it is seriously the coolest thing! In Alma 26:12 it says in God's power we can do all things, and God works in us, and I know that is a big reason why we have been able to learn so much in our short time here in the MTC. Squad the gospel is true. I am in the midst of a very important work, so important that I must always serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. It truly is a privilege to be serving our Father in Heaven, because I know how important it is to bring people unto Christ. Our purpose as missionaries is to Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ, and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end, but more also, it is my job to invite myself to come unto Christ. I am here to help people come closer to Christ, but I also need to help myself grow closer to Christ. I love you all!!!!

Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission




So in these pictures you will see floral Friday, and the other is just a sweet squad pic because we all wore purple.

Note from Mom: Keaton had me send he and his companion matching floral ties for Elder Udall's birthday.