Week 79 --- A great way to start my time here in Progreso

SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wellll it is indeed Monday again, so it will be my privilege to address you this fine day. As you all may have noticed, I did not write last week, and there is a very good reason why. I didn´t feel like it. Sorry, but I´ll try my best to make this one good. To start, maybe I´ll tell y’all what happened with transfers. I got transferred, I´m no longer in Bermejo, and as y’all can see in the title I´m now in a place called Progreso, which is in San Juan.  So, yes, I´m back in San Juan and it's hot.  My comp is Elder Lucero, he´s from Chile, and I´ll be his last companion, because he finishes in just 5 short weeks. Alright now I´m gonna tell y’all about my week.

To start something interesting happened, some dude the other day pulled up to us, and asked us where y’all goin? So we were like we are going over yonder, and he was like get in, so we were like alrighty then. So he drove us to where we needed to go, and we were talking and we were like you a member? And he was like no, I´m Catholic, and I was like wow, cuz Catholics usually hate us, like a lot. Sooooo it was very tender, that a man was willing to do that for us just because we shared a love of Christ. So that was pretty dope.

Other things, this week we helped some sister missionaries in our district move, and soooo we called a guy with a truck to help move the stuff, it's a service that they do down here, so we didn´t know the guy, but our branch mission leader rode in the truck to show him where the new apartment was, and we went in taxi, and this guy asked if gays were accepted in our church. So we explained the church´s view on that subject, and dude said to our mission leader ohhhhhh because I´m gay, and spent the whole ride flirting with our mission leader.  After we finished unloading everything, he gave his card with his number to one of the sister missionaries and said "for the one with glasses" which is our mission leader … so maybe next time we need to move we´ll get a discount. 

Ohhhh, the other day we were heading back to the apartment right, cuz it was late, and a group of women, started yelling at us.  They started off just asking for selfies with us, but ended up saying some pretty inappropriate things, and they followed us for a while, they even turned on the same street where we live, so now they know where we live.  So we are a little worried they might come back. We might need to move, but at least we got a guy who´ll give us a discount (reference to the gay guy) 

Well squad, I´m out of time here soooooooooooooooo I´ll talk to y’all next week.

---

Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission



Photos: 
The guy in the glasses is the ward/branch mission leader,  Facundo Agüero