Week 63 - Que flippin Milagro!

SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I just love talking to y’all every week, it was a swell week I´m not gonna lie! Soooo I´m gonna just start off talking about Soccer, So I don´t know how many of you are soccer fans, but I now am one, so I´m gonna share a little about my team here in Argentina. They were close to missing the world cup for the first time in like a really long time am I right, but then Messi decided to score 3 goals, and took them to the world cup instead, I may have caught a little of that game it was nuts. Unfortunately our beloved U.S. soccer team did not make it.

But let’s get serious, something super cool happened this last week, so I went on exchanges with ma boi Elder Botelho, from Brazil, and well we started off the exchange losing the phone, and it was late at night, so we couldn´t go look for it, and it might have fallen out in a bus. So we went to bed and all that good stuff, then the next day we spent half the day going to mission offices, twice, to get a new phone. So we were all stressed out and stuff, then all the appointments fell through, but we just kept on working, and at the end of the day an older dude came up to us, and told us to come to his house now. So at first we were a little freaked out, he wouldn´t really tell us why he wanted us to come to his house, we both had a very weird feeling, but we both felt that we should go anyway. So we get to his house, and he just tells us that he needs us to bless him. He told us that he believes we have the power to do so. So I was able to give this man a health blessing, and after, me and Elder Botelho both had a strong impression to invite him to be baptized. Not only did he say yes, but the following Sunday he went to church, and that almost never happens. I feel it was indeed a miracle for us. I believe with all my heart that Elder Botelho and myself were blessed for our diligence. I was very grateful for that.

So this Gabriel guy we have been teaching the past few weeks is a fricking stud, he came to church yesterday for the third week in a row. We´ve become his relationship counselors, it's quite entertaining, but if all goes well, we will have a baptism next week. He also needs to stop smoking, sooooo we´re working with that.

To end this lovely little email I´m gonna share 2 scriptures...

1 Nephi 2:15
15 And my father dwelt in a tent.

2 Nephi 5:27
27 And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness.

Now perhaps these 2 scriptures don´t make a lot of sense right now, but if we think about it, Nephi and his family had many riches in Jerusalem, and they left everything behind, and are now living in tents, only because they wanted to be obedient to God, and as it says in the second scripture they lived happily. I testify that as we are obedient to God we will be happy. We may not always have the coolest car, or fanciest clothes, but we will be truly happy.

That´s all I got for today bye!

-- 
Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission

Description of Photos:

My comp got a little ill...

Our Pet Lou Lee

The empanadas we made