Week 62 --- It's a trap!

SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow let me tell you, I am such a happy camper right now! Wanna know why? Because I´m a flippin missionary!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO! So we had an interesting week. The sweetest thing happened the other day, we found this family right, well we went to teach them, they didn't have a lot of time, so we just chatted for a bit, made some jokes, and left.  They invited us back the next day, so we get there, and the 10 year old daughter was waiting for us. This little girl told us that after we had left, that she felt soooo happy, and that the problems in her house just left. Her mom felt the same way. It kinda hit me in that moment that missionaries really do carry a special spirit with them, and I'm just so darn grateful to be able to bring that spirit into the homes of those that I teach.

Other thing that happened! So we met this one guy right, Alejandro, and he told us to come back that Saturday. So we went, and when he opened the door, he introduced us to his pastor, and so I started to think “It’s a trap!" So for the next hour this man insulted us, and even worse the church. That made me kinda sad not gonna lie.

What else happened? Ummmmmmmm... oh yeah, sooooooooo after this pastor thing, we went to visit a couple we had met a few days earlier, and well the guy was leaving, so we couldn´t have a lesson, but we chatted outside with his girlfriend, to invite her to church and what not, but then 2 of her cousins asked if I was single.  It wasn't the first time it had happened, so I didn't think too much of it, but then it got kinda weird. We then invited all of them to church, and one of the cousins looked at me and said “I´ll go if I can be with you" and then winked. At this point I was very uncomfortable. Then they asked for my phone number, obviously I don't have one because I share a phone with my companion, so my comp said that, and wrote down our number and gave it to her, just to make me feel awkward. I was not a fan of this moment.

So recently everyone here has been telling me that I look like the Russian guy from Rocky 4.  if you don´t know who that is, look him up  and tell me if that's true.

Yesterday we didn't have lunch, so Saturday we bought a bunch of stuff, and we made empanadas, alone with no help, from scratch, the dough and everything. They were frickin good too!

Well that´s all I got for this week bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission