Week 42 --- Transfers . . .

Squad. We received our transfer call last night and ... I´m staying in Rawson with Elder Burnett.  I have been in San Juan for a really long time, but I´m happy to be here. We’re about to put in the work.
So I think I might just tell yall about the week I had. Not gonna lie not much happened, but I´m gonna write some stuff so you have something to read. Actually we had a powerful experience with an inactive member this week, so I´m gonna share that. So this week we went to lunch at a member’s house, and she had to leave so she left us with her 18-year-old son that had just moved back in with her. So we asked him why he doesn´t go to church, he told us that he doesn´t really have a reason, just felt a little too pressured to serve a mission, but anyways he told us a story about the time he spent living with his dad. One day he was just chillin in the streets walking home, and he saw some missionaries, and he felt like he should follow them, so he did, and in the process he came across a girl hidden in a vacant building and she was about to commit suicide, so he called the missionaries over, and all he did was take a Book of Mormon from them, and testify that it is a powerful book that will change her life, and she took it, and she ended up being baptized and is preparing to leave for a mission.

I wanted to share that story because, when I heard it, two things popped in my mind, the power of the Book of Mormon, and the importance of following the promptings of the Spirit. We always learn that the Book of Mormon is the key to our religion, and that is so true, but it also will give us comfort and strength when we need it. It brings me back to Mosiah 24:14. God really does visit us in our afflictions, he does help us, and the Book of Mormon is a great way to receive this help. Also,always always always follow the promptings of the Spirit, if he never turned down that street, he wouldn´t have found this girl who needed help. If you think the Spirit is telling you to do something do it, if it´s something good why hesitate, 9 times out of 10 I promise it is the Spirit.

Moroni 7:13
13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.

Anyways that´s all I got for this week, I don´t even have pictures, sorry. bye!
 
-- 
Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission