Week 19 --- New Companion... and other stuff

Squad!!! So I wanna start by telling you all about my new companion Elder Kidd, he is a swell guy, not gonna lie, we get along great! He always wants to work hard, and always wants to be obedient! It´s awesome! We have quite a bit in common, so it´s pretty great! Bueno, now I´m gonna tell you all about my bomb week! So last Monday wasn´t the best, so my old companion made us return 3 hours early, so I didn´t actually get a P Day, so he could say by to some members, and I didn´t have a problem with that, but at 6:00 pm P Day ends, and work begins, well that didn't happen, from 3 until 10, all we did was visit members and talk, we didn't do any work, at one house we spent 3 hours, just talking, and I felt awful, because we were supposed to be working! I'm really trying to be as obedient as possible! But that's okay because the next day in the morning, I shipped off my companion, and received my new companion, and we had a bomb week! The first day we worked in the afternoon only, because I was waiting for him to arrive in the morning, but that day we actually did pretty great, for our first day together, and I had to do the planning, and stuff, because I'm showing the area, so it was a little difficult, but we have made it safely back to our pension every day so it's okay.

Oh so you know Victor, wellllllll... guess what!? We were talking with him the other day, and he told us that one of his sisters wanted to talk to us!!!!! So we went with Victor to teach his sister! She told us that she saw a change in Victor, and that she saw a happiness in Victor after his baptism, and that she wanted that for her, and her family! So we taught her, and she accepted the invitation to baptism! For the 14 of January! We are also teaching Victor's Mom, and another sister, one sister said she didn't really wanna be baptized now, because she likes to party and stuff, but his Mom! I don't know what the problem is! We have taught her quite a bit, she said she knows the Book of Mormon is true, which means that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, which means that the church is true, but she just isn't accepting the invitation to be baptized. I know she has felt the spirit, I think she just doesn't feel ready. But like it explains in Alma 34:31... Now is the time and day of your salvation. So we shouldn't want, to act on our faith. I'm just not sure what we should do to help her, but I know Victor is gonna be a huge help!

Seriously though this week was awesome, we have been making so many appointments, next week we will barely need to plan anything, it's lit! But this week wasn't all good, so yesterday we were riding, just chillin, and well my seat fell off, and I fell with it, into a little ditch. It wasn't pleasant, so I put the seat back on, and I thought all was well, but then in like 3 minutes it fell again, and I fell with it, again.  It was horrible, so now I need to buy a new seat, not fun.

Well to end this here email I want to share a scripture... is that okay? Bueno, Mosiah 16:9 " He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death. " In this time of Christmas, the Church has a initiative for the missionaries. Ilumina el Mundo ( Light the World ) Christ is the light of the world that can never be darkened. Let us all share the light of Christ, through service, and sharing this gospel, and we can bring the light of Christ to all the world! 

Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission

Pics of the Christmas Party

View photo in messageView photo in message