Week 57 --- You can't teach a drunk


SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel so very blessed to have this time to write all of my dear loved ones! I have quite a bit to share with y’all today, I think. So this past week we were in a neighborhood, and a few guys stop us, and tell us that they need us to bless them. So we start talking to them, one guy told me he wants to stop drinking, so I was like well we can help you with that, then his buddy shows up with a LOT of beer, and I then realized that he was drunk out of his mind. Usually in situations like that we would leave, but one of the other drunks was fixing shoes, and so my comp asked him to fix his shoe, and he did, so I just sat there having a pointless conversation with a guy who smelt of beer, and smoke. He was drunk right so he was slurring words, and spitting a lot while trying to talk, so I got a face full of spit. So that´s cool.

We also had a family home evening last night, and well it was three families, and one of the moms spent the whole night roasting her kids, it was pretty darn funny, and remember last Monday I think I talked about Craig the dog, well we left our area for 2 days, for exchanges and a special stake conference, and when we got back he was gone. Turns out he got hit by a car, and then hobbled his way back to his owner’s house. So he´s good. Also so y’all know last Monday we played soccer and I had a hat trick, yeah that's right, 3 goals I got the fundamentals.

So remember when I talked about an American restaurant called Fidelito’s, well we went there last Wednesday for Wing Wednesday after interviews with the mission president. So it was 200 pesos for as many wings as you want, so that`s a great deal. Well they have a spicy wing challenge called the butt burner challenge, so you can see by the name there´s a good chance that one will have problems  after eating it. Well I decided to do the challenge with a few other elders, unfortunately they didn't have enough sauce, so the owner gave us 3 to try, and well this sauce destroyed my insides.

Also some spiritual stuff has happened so I'm gonna share that too. Sooooo we were able to find 12 new people to teach. It was crazy we went to a ward activity, and there were 8 young non-members there, and well one of the kids in the ward just started teaching his friends about the Restoration, and he knew like everything, but to give us a lesson and some new people to teach, her turns to us and says, hey Elders could you help me out, I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right. Then he took his friends into a room in the chapel, and we had a sweet lesson.

Other cool thing, so in our mission we just received permission to drink something called mate, it´s an herb that you put in water with sugar, and well we were teaching one of our investigators the other day, and after we were just chatting, and she offered to teach us how to prepare it, so that´s pretty cool.

Now I´m gonna end with a scripture 1 Nephi 11:17

17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.

We don't need to know everything, or understand everything, the only thing we need to know is that God loves his children, and that everything he has commanded us to do is for our benefit.

That´s all I got for this week BYE!

--
Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission

That mate grind

Me and ma boi Elder Sharp

The squad at Fidelito’s

Massive sandwich at Fidelito’s

Free fries

The end of Wing Wednesday