Week 101 --- It's been a minute . . .

SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooo I figured because this is my last PDay in the mission I should probably write something. Well this last week was a little stressful for me. Remember that guy Sergio that I talked about, well we dropped him... It is so sad, because he knows without a doubt that the church is true, that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, but he won´t be baptized because his wife doesn´t want him to, and he doesn´t want conflict with her.  And we have to find those who are willing to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized, I know he´ll get there, I just don´t know when.

Awhile back I spoke of an excommunicated member (Brother Trotta), who is a stud, well he´s back at it again. He called us one day and said I´m gonna take you to a friend’s house who really needs the Lord.  So this lady lost her husband, and one of her daughters recently had spine surgery, and she was going through a rough time, and this stud during the lesson bore one of the most powerful testimonies I had ever heard about the helping hand of the Lord in the lives who follow him.  He committed the whole family to be baptized.  It was an amazing experience, but it wasn´t the only time it happened.  He took us to another guy´s house that he worked with, and we had taught this guy a while back, but he didn´t want to be baptized, because he felt that he would sin again and would fail the Lord after.  So our friend began to testify of the atonement, and how it applies to all those who repent and come unto to him, I´m gonna be honest I don´t remember most of what was said, but what I do remember is the spirit that was present.  I learned something from these two experiences that it does not matter how smart we are or how great our knowledge of the scriptures is when it comes to the power of a testimony.

I just want y’all to know that I have really enjoyed the mission, I have learned so much, I have grown closer to my Heavenly Father. A lot of things that I hoped to be true before I left on the mission are now things that I know without a doubt. I thank each and every one of you for your constant support throughout these 2 years. 

I leave you all with my simple testimony.  God lives, He loves us, He sent His son to suffer and die for us, Jesus is the Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of the world, and through his atoning sacrifice we can return to live with our Father in Heaven. I have come to know these things thanks to the power of prayer and the Book of Mormon. If any of you are not convinced of these truths, I would invite you to accept the invitation that the prophet Moroni gives us, 

Moroni 10:3-5
Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

I love y’all and I’ll see ya next week!
---
Elder Keaton Jorgensen
Argentina Mendoza Mission


Pictures:

We went to Zonda as 2 zones and had a picnic! 

These were the predictions of the traslado (transfers).

Gran noche de hogar con hermanos y nuestro amigo Sergio! 
#obramisional
Great night of home with brothers and our friend Sergio!
#obramisional