Week 55 --- Just like home

SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooo I have made it another week here in the mission, still goin strong, and well I did some stuff this week so I´m gonna share a bit. I´ll just start out explaining the title. So recently I have had to make a couple trips to the dentist, I had to get a flippin root canal, que porqueria, anyways this last Thursday, I had to go for the last time just to finish up a few things, and we had to go into Mendoza Centro, so we had to cancel lunch, and there was this place in Centro called Fidelito's, and it´s not open on Monday so I never had the chance to eat there, and I was told that this place is like too American, and the food was just too good, asi que, we decided to go there after the dentist to eat, and let me tell you, the first thing I saw when I walked in was a dude that just looked way American, and then he starts chattin with us in English, cuz he´s from California, and he runs this place. So we sit down and he takes our order, and they we just start talkin about America, it was so refreshing, and let me tell ya, the food from this place was for sure the best food I have eatin my entire mission, I got a bacon burger and some wings, and it tasted American.  I was pretty darn happy. I honestly felt like I was in America.

So last night a family in our ward invited us over to do a family home evening with them, so we went over we played some games, and for the last 30 or 40 minutes the kids just wanted to do arm wrestles. Just so y’all know, I went undefeated, my comp not so much, lost to a 15 year old, but he was like crazy strong, it was weird.

So that´s all I got for y’all this week, so I´m gonna end with something spiritual, so we start in 1 Nephi 3:11-13 when it is explaining how Nephi and his brothers tried to get the plates from Laban.

11 And we cast lots—who of us should go in unto the house of Laban. And it came to pass that the lot fell upon Laman; and Laman went in unto the house of Laban, and he talked with him as he sat in his house.
12 And he desired of Laban the records which were engraven upon the plates of brass, which contained the genealogy of my father.
13 And behold, it came to pass that Laban was angry, and thrust him out from his presence; and he would not that he should have the records. Wherefore, he said unto him: Behold thou art a robber, and I will slay thee.

So we see here, that when we try to do things not following the spirit, we usually don´t have the best of luck.
Then we read 1 Nephi 4:6:

And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.

And what happens next? Laban was delivered into the hands of Nephi, and he was able to obtain the plates.

I cannot express enough the importance of following the Spirit. It will always lead us to do what´s right. Sometimes it may be a little difficult to follow the spirit, sometimes it may tell us to do things that may seem a little strange, but you got to have the faith, that you are being guided to do what’s right.  Our old mission president once said "Faith makes you do things that sometimes don´t seem logical" For example in the story of Nephi, he was told by the spirit to kill Laban, obviously it seemed a little weird to him, but it was the only way he would obtain the plates. So follow the SPIRIT!!

That´s all I got, bye!!!!!!!

Elder Keaton Jorgensen

Argentina Mendoza Mission


Inline image 1